There are 168 hours in a week- and your therapy session is only 1 hour of those 168. That's less than 1% of your whole week, which means that your effort outside of the therapy room is very important! Below, I have included a few supplemental worksheets and activities that you may complete on your own. We may have explored these worksheets and others during your sessions, so I encourage you to practice newly learned skills, strategies, or ideas in the time between your scheduled appointments.
- Increasing Positive Feelings
- Mindful Coloring Booklet
- How to Practice Mindfulness Meditation
- Anxiety Grounding Technique
- 50 Ways to Take a Break
- Developing A Self-Care Plan
- Social Activities Checklist
5 Tips to Create Lasting Positive Change
According to research by Shawn Achor, Ph.D. and others: Try one of these activities every day for 3 weeks to re-train your brain to scan for the positive in life, not the negative. Click here for articles and his TED talk .
- Write down 3 gratitudes
- Journal about 1 positive experience
- Exercise- try it for 5-10 minutes
- Meditate- try it for 5 minutes
- Random Acts of Kindness